Bellow you will find a list of areas with the most gourgeous, crystal-clear-water beaches located close to the hotel.
- Kokkini Hani
- Agia Pelagia
NEIGHBOURHOOD - GOUVES
Situated 50 meters from our entrance the big blue aegean sea awaits your first swim. Enjoy the glorious Cretan sunshine in this half moon golden bay in comfort and safety. Family owned and commercial businesses are conveniently placed here to equip you with everything you may need from Super Markets to cliff restaurants with outstanding oceanic views.
Please feel free to check out our top service suggestions for all holiday purposes.
- Rent a Car / Bike
- Aquarium ( of the largest in Europe )
- Dinosaurian Museum
- Water City ( Water Fun Park )
- Sea Activities ( Cruise / Fish / Island hop / Dia Island / Spinalonga / Scuba Dive )
- Land Activities ( Safari / South Land and Beaches Tour / Natural Reservation Parks
- Culture Adventures – Arxanes / Anogeia / Messara Valley / Lassithi Plateau / Traditional Village Tour incl Mountain Views)
- Mythological Crete – Cave of ZEUS / Mount Giouxtas / Mount Psiloritiis (IDA)
- Eco Work / Sustainability
PLACES OF INTEREST
It is one of the greatest museums in Greece. It is located in the center of Heraklion, at Eleftherias square. It includes exhibits from all periods of the Cretan history whilst the Minoan collection is one of the most significant in the world.
Knossos Minoan Palace
The Palace of Knossos constituted the seat of King Minos and is located on a lush hill about 5 km southeast of Heraklion. It was built around 2000 BC and by the middle of the 14th century, it was destroyed and rebuilt three times. The first excavations began in 1878 by Minoas Kalokairinos and continued by Evans in 1900.
It is located in Gournes, 2 km east of the Blue Aegean Hotel. It is a modern aquarium for the marine life of the Mediterranean. It is one of the biggest aquariums in Europe and constitutes one of the biggest marine science centers in the Mediterranean.